Using Google's Toolbar to Kill Pop Up Ads
Once you have been using the Internet on a PC for a few weeks you will find
pop up ads interrupting your work. There are many good programs to search
your computer and delete programs that may be generating pop ups and otherwise
snooping around your PC (one of the best,
Ad Aware, can be
Google has a very simple solution included in its new toolbar. It will
automatically kill pop up ads and let you know when it has found one. As
an added bonus you can also search Google from within your browser as it
adds a Google Search box to Internet Explorer - Very Nice!
- To download the Google Toolbar go to
- Click on Download Google Toolbar
- When the Save File dialog box comes note where the file will be saved
(likely to be on your desktop)
- After downloading go to your desktop and execute the program called Google
- Follow the instructions to install
- When you restart Internet Explorer you will have a new toolbar.
- Note the section that gives the number "blocked" - this is how many pop up
ads it has blocked from being displayed.
- Other options allow you to enter a search term in to the box to the right
of "Google" and do a search without going to Google first.
- Spend a few minutes reading over the help files at
http://toolbar.google.com/help.html for details